Anti-Ragging committee will be the supervisory committee on matters of planning action for developing a culture of “Ragging Free Environment” in the institute.
As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent notification from University Grant Commission (UGC) ragging constitutes the following acts:
Punishment to those who found Guilty
- Any act which has the effect of teasing, treating with rudeness.
- Any Indiscipline activities by any student.
- Any act which cause annoyance, hardship, Psychological harm.
- Any act which has the effect of cause or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment.
- Any act that disturbs the regular academic activity.
- Any act of financial extortion.
- Any act of Physical abuse.
- Any act that affects the mental health.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults.
The concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, the college would expel him from the institute.